Saturday, November 17, 2007

When does a sweater become a size 7 shoe?

When you are crazy-busy at work, that's when!

I work in a children's resale store. I absolutely love it. I am one of the buyer's and the afternoon supervisor. I also get a rockin' discount. Which I have taken MAD advantage of! Can you blame me? We get really good clothes in every day. I have outfitted both boys (summer and now winter!) for around $100 each season. Seriously. We are talking Ralph Lauren, TCP, Gymboree, The Gap and Old Navy. For ridiculous prices.

And now back to my point! Saturdays are generally INSANE. My boss bought us a third computer to "buy" with. Which helped out a lot. Except it wasn't READY to actually buy for some reason or another. I am knee deep in buying when one of the girls comes up to me and shows me a gaping hole in a sweater I had bought. We damage the ticket and donate the sweater. As she hands me the ticket she is laughing. The ticket was for a size seven shoe... don't ask me how I did it. I still don't know. My boss thought it was the funniest thing ever. He made me tell his wife. She laughed so hard she had to go pee!

I'm guessing I won't hear the end of that for quite awhile. It's okay. Nothing tops the "Have a great idea" debacle of 2001. But that's a whole 'nother story!

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I guess it must have been one of those "you had to be there" moments. Shoe/Sweater, they both begin with "S." You wear them both. They can both come in a size 7. So I'm just not seeing how it's such a egregious mistake! I know I've had days when I couldn't figure out how to wear either one of them correctly.

I'm totally loving that you can get a full seasons' clothes for just $100. That rocks!

Jenny H. said...

BBM- Or not! We have buying program all the stores use. The code for girl's tops is-1 and the code for shoes is-7. I'm still not sure how it happened!

The Monkey...

The Monkey...