Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Letter to myself.

I've been thinking about myself of ten years ago quite a lot lately. I forget who started the similar meme, I think it was Zoot, which was actually a letter to yourself in seventh grade. For some reason I did not participate. Shocking,isn't it?! Instead I have decided to write a letter to myself of ten years ago. Oh the trouble I could have saved her!


Dear Self of Ten Years Ago,

First and foremost, DO NOT let J.C. cut your hair. You will regret it for the rest of your life. And moving on. Girl, stop thinking you are fat. I promise you you are NOT! You look better than you ever have before. Also, please enjoy all those nights out dancing with your girlfriends, because there will come a time when you can't dance anymore. And you will miss that almost as much as your hair.

As for boyfriends? I would tell you to avoid C.B. and G.D.- but I seriously doubt you would listen to me. The first one will break your heart. And the second? Let's just say he is unavailable. But you will be together for a long time.

Work is going to be a little crazy. You will get fired for the first(and only!) time in your life. And for the dumbest reason imaginable. You will find a better job and be much happier. Although still a little bitter! You will waste too much time in bars drinking with your friends, but you are young. You will realize that it's not so much fun soon enough. Keep in better touch with B.M. You will know the reason why years later. And get a copy of that picture of him holding that baby at our ChildKind dinner. You will wish you had it for the rest of your life.

You will have a good life. A life filled with all your dreams come true. Just enjoy the here and now. Quit worrying so much about what other people think of you. Be happy. Cherish your time spent with your family. Laugh every day. And be thankful for all you have.

Love,
The Me of Now

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Yes! I keep telling my teen not to worry about what other people think as she'll realize one day it's NOT that important.

I may have to let her read your blog...and I usually don't share my 'Mom Readings'.

Jenny H. said...

Leanne- You might want to read the rest of it first! Kidding. I don't think the rest of it is too bad. I so wish I would have just enjoyed my life instead of always trying to please.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...