Monday, November 26, 2007

I Heart Grapefruit Juice...

And so it begins. Day One of The Diet. My mother and I did this several years ago and lost fourty and fifty pounds,respectively. Now we are both back on it and have been joined by my husband and my diddy. It is a simple way to lose weight. And has actually worked for me when other things have failed.

I will be chronicaling my weight loss here every week. I am weighing myself tomorrow. I will be posting my weight every week. I guess Mondays are as good a day as any to do that. Maybe I will come up with some sort of title. Maybe not!

All I know is this. Since injuring my knee, my weight has been atrocious. There are so many things I can no longer do. I don't mean to sound self-pitying, because I'm not. I am lucky to be able to walk and for the most part, be pain free. But there is this fear that it will happen again. It is always in the back of my mind anytime I do anything. I don't expect that to ever fully go away. But if I am healthier and weigh less, then maybe I won't be so focused on it.

I guess we will see. Wish me luck. And has anyone seen my Pilates DVD? I can't find it anywhere.

2 comments:

Paul is a Hermit said...

Much good luck to you!
There's every reason to think you shall do this. Ha! Grapefruit juice helped me quit smoking, I always had a glass from which to sip slowly from. A friend advised me that it worked.
Day one, I hope, went well for you.

Jenny H. said...

Paul- Yes, it did. Thankfully, I happen to really like grapefruit in all it's many forms.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...