Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Girl's Love Affair With Fiesta Ware...

When I was twenty-two I met a man we will call Dick. On our three month anniversary he bought me a diamond necklace. When it came time for my birthday I just knew that my gift would be rockin'. We were going out to dinner with some of our friends and I was super excited. Dick came home from work and got ready. He also gave me my present early. Four five-piece place settings of Fiesta Ware.

To say I was less than thrilled would be a very big understatement. He informed me that there was one color in particular that he "always wanted his dinner served to him on". That is EXACTLY what he said. I have never forgotten it. But his idea was to show me that throughout our married life together we could collect more and have a whole set. Aww, sounds romantic, doesn't it?

He broke up with me the night after I made my world famous Cajun Chicken Linguini and served it to him on that goddamn plate. I should have busted it over his head. After we broke up I started buying my own Fiesta Ware. And my family and friends would buy it too. And now? I have eleven place settings. PLUS, my husband is going to buy me more for Christmas. Hah.

What does Dick have? I have no idea. Nor do I care.

The reason I am writing about my beloved Fiesta Ware is because I JUST found it two days ago. It had been sitting in a box in the basement. I could not find it anywhere. When we moved, my hubby found it. When I was unpacking the last big box I discovered it on the very bottom. I was so jazzed. I immediately called my mom to tell her.Finally, my Fiesta Ware was home in my cabinets. Where it belonged.

I laugh every time I serve my husband his dinner on that plate. And so does he.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a great story! And I happen to love Fiesta Ware!

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Why thank you ever so. It is a true story. And his name was actually Rich. He was however, a Dick in more ways than one!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I, too, am a Fiestaware addict. We live in the state where it's manufactured and my husband, The Evil Twin, has toured the factory (and brought me back goodies). Thanks to his job, I also get promo Fiesta items sometimes.

Jenny H. said...

Evil Twin's Wife- Run away with me. Now. I have a large collection. We could be happy together...


Thank you for stopping by. I will return the favor.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...