Friday, November 23, 2007

THE MADNESS! THE LINES! THE WOMEN IN FULL MAKE-UP!!

Wanna guess where I was at four am? Huh? Do ya? Anyone?

BINGO! My mama and I decided that this year we would join the millions of insane shoppers for the day after Thanksgiving sales. We felt we were finally ready. Plus, it didn't hurt that my diddy woke up early and made us some coffee. It is excellent coffee, by the way. I even got to use my new creamer( Thanks, Swistle! The peppermint mocha is DELISH!).

So all hopped up on caffeine and pure adreneline we hit the holy grail of retail lunacy. Wal-Mart. We needed a microwave, Lightning McQueen, Transformers, a mini crockpot, hand beaters, two ten packs of cars(matchbox,hot wheels,whatev), and some dvd's. Amazingly, we walked out with every single item. And all of our own teeth. It was pretty hairy. And it was only the beginning.

We headed to the mall. My mom decided her grandbabies needed a keyboard and a guitar for Christmas. All we need now is a third child and a drum set, and we would have our own rock band! It hasn't been mentioned but I am pretty sure they are coming home with me. We then moved on to Penney's. Gloves,Toe Socks, and Flannel Shirts! Oh My!
A quick trip to Macy's and we were finis with the mall. By the way? I am completely in LUST, hot, primitive,sweaty lust, with Martha Stewart's new line of goodness at Macy's. Dear God. Check it out if you haven't already.

Our day/morning/night?huh? ended at Kohl's. At that point my coffee buzz had completely worn off and I could hear my bed whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I begged my mother to hurry and be done. She was more than ready as well.

As I dropped her off and drove home I thought about all the fun we had had. We met people in line and then met them again outside Macy's. We all laughed that apparently we hadn't had enough of the craziness from Wal-Mart. It was nice. More than nice. People were happy and friendly. Chatting with each other in line. It was how I pictured shopping on such a crazy day to be.

I already can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

Kellan said...

I went out too - not that early though. It wasn't too bad - glad you had a good time! Take care. Kellan

Jenny H. said...

Kellan- Thanks. It was madness. And still sooo much fun.

Burgh Baby said...

I find you people that wake up really early to go shopping to be CRAZY! I just don't get it since sleeping ranks higher on my list than shopping. But at least you had a good time and were successful!

Jenny H. said...

BBM- Take it from me, they ARE crazy!! It was fun.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...