Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pink Pig, Here We Come!

We have lived in Georgia for well over twenty years now. And I am ashamed to say, have never ridden "Priscilla". I have received her as a Christmas present in all her stuffed glory numerous times. Ridden her? No. That is all about to change.

My mother informed me last night that "she was taking her grandbabies to see the Pink Pig". Which means that I am driving and basically going along as back up. I asked her why we had never been to ride "Priscilla". She said it was because we were too old when we moved here. I think that's a load of bunk.

I don't think you are ever too old to ride a Pink Pig named "Priscilla". It's a Christmas tradition, and therefore exempt from age limits.

That's my story,anyway. Do y'all have any special family traditions involving the holidays?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Jenny? This post scares me.

;)

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Why? Don't tell me you've never ridden a Pink Pig either?!

Burgh Baby said...

I have no idea who this Priscilla pig person/thing is, but I think that visiting her makes for an interesting Christmas tradition. We go for the more traditional visits to Christmas lights and such, but you go with your big bad pig!

Jenny H. said...

BBM- She is a HUGE tradition here in the south. When Rich's became Macy's they stopped doing it for a while. They have recently brought her back, in all her pink glory! It was fun!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I lived in GA for 8 years (from 1972 to 80 in Doraville) and never heard of Priscilla, but I did get to milk a cow named Rosie at a dairy once.

Jenny H. said...

ETW- REALLY?!?! She used to be downtown on top of the old Rich's building. They would also sell the Rich's Bear, and Priscilla the Pig.

Still not ringing any bells?

The Monkey...

The Monkey...