Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 3...

It's not going so well. I am very angry with my mother. I resent being treated like I am still in high school. It is really pissing me off and making it very difficult for me to remain civil. I am a grown woman. So is she for that matter. Jeebus...

My husband deserves some sort of medal. Or something. He has the patience of Job. Truly. He has always been sort of quiet towards my parents. Us living here has not cured him of that habit. He spends a lot of time with the boys outside or in our room.

We are just ready to be back in our own place. The kids are okay. The excitement has kinda worn off now. They don't really have anywhere that is their own space. Plus, if something is on that my parents want to watch,then they can't be in the living room.

I feel so stifled and resentful. I keep telling myself that it is only for a little while longer and "serenity now, serenity now", but I don't know how much longer I can bite my tongue. I am on the verge of exploding. And to make matters worse? I am off work tonight. Yikes.

Serenity now, serenity now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you can sit mom down and tell her how you feel? Lots of times, the roles shift right back to what they were when you were growing up, and maybe she needs a gentle reminder that you are now an adult with your own family. Let her know you appreciate her taking you all in, but certain things are going to have to change -- then list them.

Of course, you obviously know your mom and I don't, so I don't know if that advice can even be heeded. If it can't, then just take a deep breath, another one, then another one...

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Not a chance in HELL! You just can't tell her anything like that. She takes it as a personal attack.

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- I forgot to add one thing- Thanks anyway!

The Monkey...

The Monkey...