Monday, July 21, 2008

Forkaphobia...

I don't actually know if that is a real phobia, but we will pretend it is. I've tried looking it up to no avail. Does anyone know if it is a phobia? Anyone? Bueller?

It is another one of my "family jokes". I know. I have a lot of 'em. What can I say. We are a funny family. Don't be haters. Back to the story...

My father loves to run things in to the ground. And stomp on them. And then maybe jump up and down on 'em for good measure. When that happens and we no longer feel like humoring him we say " Okay, you're done. Stick a fork in it". This has been going on for years. Last night I decided to take it one step further. He was rambling on about something that was so no longer funny. I got up, walked in to the kitchen and grabbed a fork from the siverware drawer. Then I walked back in to the living room and stood by the couch until I had his attention. And handed him the fork. The look on his face was priceless. He later told me that he could not believe his only daughter would be so cruel. To which I replied that he was just jealous that he had never thought of it. Which was true. Which then led to the discussion of phobias( see why I never explain my stories?!).

Since I also love running things in to the ground I decided that I needed to make him a t-shirt with the definition of forkaphobia on it! Wouldn't that be the funniest thing ever? I need to come up with a better name first. Anyone got any ideas? Lemme know. I'm off tomorrow and plan on heading up to Michael's.

Because I also plan on making one for my Bubba. Hee hee. But I can't write what I'm going to put on it because his girlfriend reads my blog. But it is FUNNY! After I make the t-shirts I will try to post a picture of them.

3 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm sure it HAS to be a real phobia. Maybe a Google search will come up with the "proper" name? No matter, though, I think forkaphobia is JUST RIGHT for the situation!

Unknown said...

I am so going to use this for Jeffrey Robert. He pounds things until they are DEAD, SHRIVELED, and OVER! YES! Thanks, Jenny. Now, his t-shirt size is Medium. Can't wait to see what you're plotting!
Jules

Jenny H. said...

BBM- Why thank you, kind friend. It just so happens I heartily agree!

Jules- It's your very first comment! The t-shirt I am planning on making him is hysterical. I saw the phobia on the list and just about wet my pants!

The Monkey...

The Monkey...