Monday, October 1, 2007

My friends...

I have been unbelievably blessed in the friends department. For most of my life. My first friend would have been my aunt Julie. My dad's sister. I had the world's hugest crush on this boy. Peter. Ah, Peter. My uncle thought it would be funny to do the whole Peter-peter-pumpkin-eater thing. And I was crushed. Crushed. My aunt rescued me. I have never forgotten that.

Fast forward several years...

My definition of "friends" has drastically changed.

My best friends are a group of women I have known since high school. With the exception of two of them. And one of them? Even longer than that!

They have seen me through every high and low. With never so much as an "I told you so". Believe me, there were PLENTY of opportunities!

These women, whether they realize it or not, have shaped the woman I have become. I have learned tolerance, patience, and love. I would never have been the woman I am now without them.

So. I would like to give a "shout out" to them now. These warriors of truth, these givers of unconditional love, my friends...

Tess- my oldest friend. I love you. You have been spectacular, over the years.Always.

Lana- where do I begin? We have been through so much, together, and seperately. I love you.

Rhonda- my friend. The person who knew me when I was not always at my best, but still loved me anyway. Whose children still refer to me as "Aunt Jenny". Which has always been the coolest thing ever. I have always considered that an honor. I love you.

Dubby- where do I begin? You were there for almost the birth of my second child! Had I known that could have been the catalyst, I WOULD HAVE MADE YOU LEAVE MUCH SOONER!!
Kidding, sort of. When you could have judged me, you didn't. And for that? I love you.

These women, these restless souls, these givers of life, have humbled me. Have made me want to be a better person.And in having done so, have made me the friend I am now.

If only for having known them.

No comments:

The Monkey...

The Monkey...