Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gulp....

I think I made it on the jury.

I am scared shitless.

I have to call every day after six to find out when I report next.

Did I mention the scared part?

'Cause I am.

It is serious and so not what I thought it would be about.

I just hope I have the strength and the courage to do what is asked of me. I believe I do. I answered the questions honestly. And that is so much harder than you would ever even think it would be.

And way more sweaty. I have never applied that much deodorant in my life. Is that considered TMI? If so, you may want to stop reading my blog now.

Because I generally talk about things that you may not want to hear, or even agree with me about.

I'm just sayin'...

12 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Best of luck with jury duty.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooooo proud of you! We need good people that take jury service seriously. (I work in the system, and you just wouldn't belieeeeeeeeeve...) Can't wait to hear about the case (when you can officially talk about it)!

Jenny H. said...

Burgh baby's mom- Thanks! I have a feeling I am definitely going to need it.

Wordnerd- I am DYING to talk about it! I have never understood people who try to "get out" of jury duty. It is your duty. You have to take it seriously. I am still scared to death though!

Floyd said...

Wow! Jury duty! Are you in Fulton County? Cause then I may know what you are talking about so hang in there!

My cousin also got called for that super large jury pool.

Jenny H. said...

Floyd- No. I live about thirty minutes west of Atlanta.

Floyd said...

Oh good. I'm an attorney in Atlanta and I know they were seating a jury in the Nichols case yesterday. That one is going to be a long mess!

Anyway, nice to meet you! (Saw you over on Zoot).

Nancy said...

Just wanted to wish you luck with the jury duty. I also can't wait to hear about the case. Hang in there!

Jenny H. said...

Floyd- Yes, that is going to be a huge mess! I am not sure what is going on with that case because I can no longer watch the news or read the papers!Thank you!

Nancy- Thanks! I am. It is just really tough. You will all understand when I can finally talk about it.

Mitch McDad said...

I would love to be on a jury...maybe I should stop throwing away those letters when they come.

Jenny H. said...

Mitchmcdad- I sooo hope you were kidding. You do realize that they issue a bench warrant when you don't show up?

RIGHT?

Unknown said...

Good Luck!!! I can't wait to here all about it afterwards.

Jenny H. said...

TammyK- Thanks! I am still dying to talk about it.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...