Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm pretty sure Hell has frozen over...

My brother sent me a message today.

The one I haven't spoken to in almost a year.

He basically said he had to take some time off, to get his act together. He is dating a new girl. And he was hearing things from our friends about me. Wha?

First, I don't have the time, nor the inclination to go out to bars and party. I am a grown-up. I have two small children. The last time I went anywhere was two months ago? three months ago? I honestly don't remember. So for any of his friends to say shit about me really pisses me off. Because these same people? Who I have run into around town? Are busy talking smack about him. Good friends, wouldn't you say?

He was always rather easily led by his group of friends. Me? Not so much. I could give a flying fig what people think of me. Either you like me, or you don't. I am not going to waste my time worrying either way. But that's me. It still irks me that that could be part of the reason he wasn't speaking to me. I am going to try and let it go. But it is going to be hard. He has done this before. And then something set him off and I wouldn't hear from him for x amount of time.

He says he has changed. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family issues -- ick. I hate 'em. And I'm having 'em too. Must be something in the air.

Wish I'd gotten the vaccine...

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Me too. Nothing serious I hope? It is crazy. He plans on doing this "Prodigal Son Returns" bit, again. It is old and tired. My parents are none too happy about it. I want to believe he has changed...

Anonymous said...

Nothing serious -- just downright weird.

Anyway -- good luck with the move! Oh, and you're playing Oregon -- so good luck with that, too!

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Crap. I can only hope our QB, Sanchez? maybe? is decent. He did lead them to VICTORY over Notre Dame. But that's not really saying much. I am pretty sure my four year old could have accomplished that!

I'm glad it's nothing too serious.

Burgh Baby said...

It really must be something in the air. Mucho weird family stuff in these parts, too.

Jenny H. said...

Burgh's Baby Mom- Hmmm, maybe it was the moon?! I hope eveything is okay.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...