Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Not really my babies anymore...

I originally came up here to check my e-mail and ended up getting a little side-tracked by my favorite blogs. Ooops.

I left the boys watching Caillou, eating peanut butter and banana sandwhiches. They love Caillou. The sandwhiches? They jury seems to still be out on that one!

I took them to get a haircut yesterday. We go to a family owned barber shop here in town. They give awesome little boy haircuts. Plus, the boys have been going there since they turned a year old(Aidan a little sooner, because of all the hair!!). They look like little boys. It about broke my heart. Quinn's face has lost almost all of his baby-ness. He is starting to talk more and more. He even puts short sentences together. I love so much that they are growing up so big and strong. But? I feel like it is happening too fast for me. I want to tell them to slow down, that they will be grown ups soon enough. I guess I just want them to enjoy their childhood. It seems to me that so many children don't get to do that anymore. I just find that incredibly sad.

And now that I have been all the-glass-is-half-empty, I must get the maniacs,er boys, ready for going to their Grammy's house. Mama has to go to work.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I like peanut butter and bananas. I was watching this special on the Travel Channel the other day and I guess peanut butter and banana sandwiches were Elvis' favorite. Totally news to me.

Your babies are cute. :)

Meemo said...

It was so sad for me when my boys lost the dimples in their knuckles. That's when they started to be real boys to me. Not babies anymore.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...