Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I swear I don't know where he gets this...

So, whilst (hee,hee!) I was out slaving away at work the boys were at my parents house. They help watch them when Jimmy and I can't. Or when they feel the need to steal 'em every once in a while. But, I digress.

Anyhoo, they are playing and havin' a grand old time when one of the toys stops working. Immediately, The Aidan notices it must be in need of a new battery. He proceeds to inform my dad that the battery needs to be replaced. My dad sends him off to the junk drawer where they keep batteries, and well, junk. Hence the name! Aidan comes back out after a minute and tells my dad there aren't any in there. Dad tells him it should be in there. Off Aidan goes back into the kitchen to check again. Comes back out and still no battery. My father says to Aidan that he doesn't know what to tell him. So Aidan tells my father- It must a grown legs and walked out of here. And then repeats himself two more times. So they go back and forth about how the battery has grown legs and walked off. Aidan'll say- well, it musta just walked off. And then my dad will say- yeah, that must be what happened. This happens for like, five minutes.

When my mother told me that I almost died. Cause I know EXACTLY where he has heard that particular phrase before.

And it aint from me!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog, and the good wishes for my friends at church.

Just to be clear, though, I don't think this was a gestational surrogate, I think it was a more "traditional" adoption. Still very, very sad, though. The entire community is just heartbroken.

Your boys are adorable! I love the Pablo cake. :)

Liza of www.lizawashere.com

The Monkey...

The Monkey...