Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Captain Craptastic strikes again...

Sorry y'all, but this is gonna be a short one.

I didn't get any sleep last night because someone tried to break in to my house. Fortunately, I was still awake. I called 911 and they sent a deputy out. He didn't find anything, but promised to drive around for awhile. He was very calming.

Did I mention my husband is out of town?!

I have never been so scared in my entire life. I will explain it all in the am.
Right now I need to go to bed.

Badly.

5 comments:

zoot said...

That is one of my many fears - because I had my house broken into as a child and I've always been haunted by that. Especially when my hubby is gone. (hugs!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've not had that experience as an adult. It would freak me out. Especially with my little ones in the house. Gotta get a bat for every room now or maybe a katana. Wouldn't anyone be scared of a woman coming at them with a sword?

Jenny H. said...

Zoot- thanks! yeah it was super-scary. I think my heartbeat has just finally returned to normal.

Rachel- I hope you NEVER have that experience. It was truly awful. I think it would probably scare the crap out of the intruders to see a woman come after them waving a sword! Thanks for the comment, and the mental image!

Jenny from Chicago said...

Holy crap. That is why you kill the first guy who tries to break in and then hope word gets around (I'll also be using this theory when my daughters start dating). Sorry you were scared. Glad you are safe.

Jenny from Chicago
www.chasedbychildren.typepad.com

Jenny H. said...

J.- thanks! And that is an excellent idea, should I ever have a daughter!

The Monkey...

The Monkey...