Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Rose Bowl Awaits...

I know, I know. I should have posted this on Sunday. Or really even Saturday night.

Yes, I am very excited to be going to the Rose Bowl. It is a personal favorite of mine. I also love the parade. I get up and watch it every year. No matter what. It's tradition. This year will be more kick-ass than usual due to the world's most bitchin' band, who will be marching in the parade. I love marching bands. Yes. I am that geeky. To take it one step further, I was IN the marching band in high school. I played clarinet. I was cool.

It's funny to look back on it now. But being in the band was so much fun. Most of my adult friendships are with people from band. We were a pretty close knit group. Still are.

So laugh all you want. It won't bother me a bit. I am proud to have been a member of the Alexander High School Marching Cougars. We rawked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for you, too -- it's nice when the season comes together, isn't it? I'm a band nerd too -- flag corps, thankyouverymuch. I love all that stuff.

Burgh Baby said...

Clarinet players are the bomb. The end.

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Yes, it is! As I am sure you are well aware of. The corp,eh? Impressive.

BBM- We are, aren't we?!

The Monkey...

The Monkey...