Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Read This! First Book Review...

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

I'm sorry. I have spent two and a half weeks trying to read this book. Or at least finish the damn thing. I don't like it. I find it annoying and very strange. I am also shocked that it won a Pulitzer. And slightly confused as to where all the "comedy" is? Wha? There is actual comedy in the book? Is it at the end? 'Cause I am not getting to it anytime soon.

I am very disappointed with this book. It will be joining a very short list of books that I could not finish. Have still not finished. If you knew just how much I loved to read, you would understand why this pains me so.

1- The Secret Life of Bees- I am nowhere near finishing it.
2- She's Come Undone- Yeah.
3- Quite a Year For Plums- One of the worst books I have ever attempted to read. Ever.

Let me know what y'all thought about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm so disappointed that you didn't like it. It's one of my favorites, and I actually laughed out loud through most of it. Oh, well, different strokes, I guess. Secret Life of Bees is on my list, if I ever get around to being able to read for more than five minutes at a time.

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- I know. I am so disappointed. Secret Life of Bees was just horrible. I still haven't finished it...

Kelly said...

I so agree with you on this one! Could not come close to finishing it! I did like She's Come Undone though...

Jenny H. said...

Kelly- I tried again last night. No dice. It is just bad.

Nancy said...

I'm three months late on this, ugh. Didn't mean to disappear. School and work got intense and I lost track of time.
I couldn't finish the book either. It was too difficult to get through. Some of the humor I got, but it was just too difficult to trudge through.

The Secret Life of Bees I like though; I read it in one day.

Jenny H. said...

Nancy- Don't feel bad, I completely understand.

Still not liking Bees three months later...

The Monkey...

The Monkey...