Monday, June 30, 2008

The Truth Hurts...

Some of you may remember the fall of last year when we lost our house.And all the drama that came after. I won't go back in to detail about the whole situation, we'd be here all day! I will just remind you that we had found a house to rent and all seemed to be right in our little corner of the world...

The house itself was pretty awesome, or so we thought. Your standard 3/BR-1 AND1/2BA. in a cul-de-sac on a quiet street. It had a great front yard and an even better backyard. But what really sold us on this particular house was the back deck. It was ginormous and pretty much as fabulous as a deck could get. So we moved in.

Two weeks before Thanksgiving the dishwasher stopped working. I called the landlord. I should also mention that our front porch light never worked. Which he also knew about from the start. As well as the light in our foyer. But let's get back to the story. We also had a new real estate woman in charge of our house. I didn't much care for her. That was about the time we began experiencing problems.

Fast forward to now. With all the things going on in my life, from my father's heart problems to my husband's getting his hours cut to getting my own hours reduced, we haven't had a lot of money. We have also been taking care of two households. And we were late with our rent. Twice, I think. Our real estate liason became, bitchy and it has to be said- smarmy. My husband and I talked and decided to go ahead and give a 30 day notice so we could move out. But before we could do that, we were given an eviction notice. We were told she would no longer accept any money from us until she had every dime. With late fees, etc it became difficult to pay the full amount owed. And then it was too late. Last weekend we spent my 34th birthday and our 5yr anniversary moving all our things out of our house and into my parent's house, or a storage unit we had to rent. Good times.

I know we were late with rent. I do realize that. But what about all the times we weren't? No body cared that we did not have a dishwasher,front porch light,foyer light,missing screens, or that we had a tree eaten up with termites in the back yard that could fall on the house at any time, or the newest problem- the AC was on the fritz. She couldn't be bothered with ANY of those things. She could be bothered with being an Uber-Bitch when my father was undergoing a double by-pass and I was scared and stressed beyond belief. She didn't have any problem with that. Compassion? That was beyond her.And now another bit of bad news. My grandfather has had a stoke. A Major-Large stroke. He is in a nursing home. It doesn't look good. I didn't even bother mentioning it to her. She would not have cared. I already know that we will not be getting our deposit back. Not because we trashed the house or anything like that, just because she will find something wrong. The sad thing? We don't even care. We could definitely use the money. But we are so tired of dealing with her and that damn house.

Now we are moving on to a new chapter in our lives. We will be living here for 6 weeks to 2 months. We have decided to move back into an apartment for at least a year. Where everything works. OH HAPPY DAY! And then towards the end of that year to begin looking for another house. We are also taking a financial course for couples offered through our church. I felt it couldn't hurt! And I will be going back to school in the fall. I need a "real" job. Not that I don't love where I work. I do. I just need something where I can actually advance, have benefits, vacation, etc. So I will be going into Medical Office Management. My dream job would be in an OB/GYN's office.

So that's it. End of story. It feels good to be back on the internets. I will be able to be here everyday. OH HAPPY DAY! I can get caught back up on all the goings on in the blog world.

I missed you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you too, hon!

((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))

Jenny H. said...

Wordnerd- Bet I missed you more!! Thanks!

nicole said...

Good luck with it all. What class are you taking? We just did Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University this spring and it was awesome. We have already made progress and it feels so great to have a plan. Sometimes it is hard to stick to it, but the benefits make it worthwhile. Anyway, I hope things start turning around for your family.

Jenny H. said...

Nicole- Thank you, very much. I am not sure of the name but it is offered through our Methodist church. I will find out the name and get back to you!

I just figured it couldn't hurt and that maybe, just maybe, it would put us on the same page.

The Monkey...

The Monkey...