Sunday, December 16, 2007

M.I.A.....

Sorry y'all. This last weekend was a doozy.

My husband developed an abscess on an unusual part of his anatomy. Oh fine. It was on his ass. Are you happy now? Back to the story. He started running a low grade fever late Friday night. We went to the ER on Saturday afternoon. It wasn't good.

He has MRSA. They are fairly certain they got it early enough. I will spare you the details. You can thank me later. He is taking three antibiotics and percocet. We go back to the doctor tomorrow to have the packing removed. And then back again on Wednesday. After that, he should be fine. Thank God. I have never been so scared in my life. And beat. Emotional upheavals really kick my ass. I'll be back tomorrow with news of his condition.

If you believe in prayer, please say one for us now. Thank you.

10 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Holy hell! Now that's some scary stuff right there.

I hope all goes well with the treatment and that things go back to not being exciting in your neck of the woods. You deserve a good, boring Christmas after the couple of weeks that you have had.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Jen. My prayers are with you -- please keep us posted!!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

My prayers are with you. I had a friend who had an anal fistula and had to have surgery, packing and repacking of the wound, etc. She was not a happy camper, but recovered and is fine now, so hold on to that thought!

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! I hope your hubby is better soon. My thoughts are with you... how scary!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

First time on your blog and sorry to hear of this. I will send positive thoughts your way.

BookMamma said...

Delurking to say hope everything turned out fine!
Late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

BookMamma said...

So - how is he? How was your holiday?
delurking to check in... hope everyone is fine and you had some blackeyed peas!

Burgh Baby said...

OK, I'm officially worried. It's been too long since we last heard from you . . .

I hope all is well and that you are just to busy for blogland!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping things are better ... let me know, m'kay?

By the way, your Trojans looked awesome yesterday -- totally! Congrats on the win!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i'm here through the brat pack...and...omg!! i hope your hubby gets better!! how incredibly scary!!
take care...you need lots of rest, too!!

The Monkey...

The Monkey...